Tattoo aftercare is very important to the health of your body & the look of your healed tattoo. Aftercare can be different for each person, but we are happy to work with our customers to help them understand what will or can happen & how to handle any possible issues.
The final result of your tattoo is dependent on the care that it receives from YOU for the 1st few weeks. DO NOT TAKE ADVICE FROM OTHERS! Follow these instructions. If you deviate from these instructions, you void your guarantee/warranty.
Follow these steps carefully for healing your tattoo & you should have no problems:
1. Always wash your hands every time before touching your new tattoo for any reason.
2. Remove the bandage, dressing or wrap after 1-2 hours. Treat your new tattoo gently.
3. Wash tattoo with pump soap (Dial), warm water & your hands (No bar soap!) then rinse it. Make sure that all of the soap, blood particles or slimy stuff is gone.
4. Blot dry (with a clean, dry towel) & let your tattoo air dry for approximately 5 minutes, then wrap your tattoo with plastic wrap. Wash it & change the wrap every 4-6 hours for the next 3 days (repeating steps 1-6)…or until the weeping (the slimy coating) stops.
5. The 7-8 hours that you sleep will be the longest that you will go without washing & changing the wrap. It’s okay, but try to wash it every 4-6 hours if possible. When you awake, immediately wash your tattoo & repeat the steps above.
6. Make sure you wash all the slime off and let dry completely before re-wrapping tattoo!
7. After the weeping stops (usually after the 3rd day) switch to dye-free perfume-free(UNSCENTED) Curel or Lubriderm lotion; apply as needed (if it feels dry, tight or itchy)
8. Your tattoo will begin peeling like a sunburn within 3-4 days…this is normal.
9. Do not expose tattoo to sun for at least 30 days. Do not swim (NO CHLORINE) or excessively soak your new tattoo (NO BATHS) until fully healed (at least 15-30 days).
If you have any issues or questions, please contact me ASAP & I will be happy to assist you in any way that I can.
Phone: (678) 631-7881